Day 169 - Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Looking at today’s hike profile I think Chief should have been here to lead us. It has 3 easy climbs in the beginning to loosen you up then the remaining 12 - 13 miles of the hike is flatter than a pool table. The only curveball that the hike can throw at us is rocky trail conditions but I think we have seen the worse of “Rocksylvannia”. I suppose I could have peeked at Google Map to check the hikes topography but you have to leave something for the imagination πŸ˜‰.

Oh, I almost forget that rain is forecasted throughout the day. That always makes trail conditions “fun” πŸ₯΄πŸ€­.

Today we are hiking from Sherwood Drive (1135.3 NoBo) to Whiskey Spring Road (1117.9 NoBo) for a total of 17.4 miles 

We began hiking at 8:30 am and thankfully I now have Guthook on my phone or I think we would have hiked in the wrong direction… again 😫.


I forgot to mention, it was raining when we started 😑.



AT monument at the summit of the third climb at 1120.9 NoBo, Center Point Knob, original AT midpoint.  I was somewhat surprised the monument was not marked as such. I found it’s significance in AWOL. 











Here’s our remaining  hike…




ATC Mid Atlantic Regional Office, Boiling Springs, PA.



We ran into Papa Groop one more time. He will complete his thru hike tomorrow. Congratulations πŸŽ‰! 




Now this is Just A Walk In The Woods.







Crossing Route 11 in Carlisle, PA.




Crossing I-81.




Today’s hike was the easiest hike we have experienced on the entire AT; even easier than the 5 mile walk along the Hoosatonic River in Connecticut. I’m thinking even our neighbor Bob Runkle who had a full knee replacement this summer could have hiked this section.

We finished hiking at 4:45 pm. 



Appalachian Trail Countdown:
Total trail miles: 2121.3 miles
Trail miles left to go: 71.8 miles

Till next time... Happy Hiking    πŸ₯Ύ 

πŸ˜‹


“Acts of generosity in this wild and primitive setting…where basic amenities…are intentionally absent–are often received in a heightened sense of wonder and gratitude by hikers. These acts of generosity are referred to as “trail magic.”

                   (Appalachian Trail Conservancy)







Comments

  1. You both are looking happier in your pics. Is it because the end is near?
    Navigator

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 107A & B - Sunday/Monday, July 18-19, 2021

Day 71 - Friday, May 21, 2021

The Final Chapter